If you love to shop but hate crowds and long lines of brick and mortar stores like me, online shopping is the way to go. If you’re new to shopping online, though, I understand that it can be a little intimidating.
Not to worry, you will be doing your online shopping like a pro in no time because we’ve got you covered!
Here are 7 smart online shopping tips we’ve found help us have an awesome time when shopping online from home or anywhere:
1. Research your products and read reviews before you start loading up your cart with things. This helps you find out about quality issues, sizing issues, or anything else that might crop up. Plus, it’s just a good idea to know what you’re getting before you get it.
2. Know your shipping times. Unless you end up paying more for express shipping, it can take a few weeks to receive an item—especially if you’re ordering something from overseas.
If there’s a possibility, something will get held up at customs, find out how long that usually takes, and give yourself plenty of time before your item needs to arrive (or order way in advance of needing your product).
3. Pay in local currency. You might want to pay in the currency of the country where the store is located (say, pounds instead of dollars if you live in Canada), but remember that’s almost always going to end up costing more depending on the country and the exchange rate.
4. To find the best deals, don’t rely on just one online store. Check multiple retail websites or shopping apps to see what they’re offering in terms of prices and shipping costs. Also, use coupon codes to cut a percentage of the cost.
5. If you’re shopping for a gift, make sure to take note of your retailer’s return policy. You never know if you might need to make an exchange or refund.
6. If you’re shopping from an international retailer, check how much shipping will cost. It might be cheaper to buy from a local retailer instead.
Read reviews so that you can make sure the item you want is actually as good as it seems, and follow these 7 smart online shopping tips but remember to have fun because shopping should be an enjoyable experience.